4.01.2011

tea time

I was busy last night preparing for a tea party I hosted for some ladies today! I shopped around yesterday afternoon for a cute porcelain tea pot set, but unfortunately I did not find one to my liking. The antique shops on Camp Bowie, (K. Flories Antiques, and Pease-Cobb Inc, Antique & Estate Gallery) both have some amazing pieces, and I promise you, you will not walk out empty handed! Judith, from Pease-Cobb, holds estate sales, and is holding one this weekend at 1501 Thomas Place, Fort Worth (Sat 10-5, Sun 1-4), item prices are much cheaper then the shop, and all the items must go! I found a fabulous fashion piece at K. Flories for $10, and they have many other pieces for similar prices!


I ventured around and found a few new items for my kitchen, a super cute retro fan, and the perfect turquoise and red apron, which makes cooking so much more fun!



Today's tea party was a hit, beautifully seenceted teas, orange crandberry sconces, homemade biscotti & lemon poppy seed muffins, cold cucumber sandwiches, fresh fruits, and cold Greek pasta salad. Great food, wonderful company, and fun laughs! I forgot to mention I purchased a set of 6 votive candles by Barbara Barry in the dining room scent (composed of top notes of tarragon and rosemary played against touches of ceder and moss) from Flowers on the Square (located on 4929 Camp Bowie). I love the scent and love more what it says on the box "I love the way a tables come to life with food, people, and laughter where a subtle scent is the backdrop for a perfect evening," and that's exactly how my evening went :)




1 comment: