12.03.2011

gloomy day calls for fun

The past two days have been rather gloomy in Fort Worth. It feels like one of those days when the entire day looks like it's 5pm outdoors. I absolutely love and crave for days like this. It's a perfect day to layer up, finally wear rain boots, and explore all the antique shops in town. I decided to do all this on a detour when I should of been shopping for a holiday dress, for my husband's school party. Fortunately I found what I was looking for with no trouble, a long sleeve sequenced black dress in the perfect length I hoped for! Before all this is when I came across the real treasure, an antique Japanese chest, complete with all the original details and finishes. Thanks to Montgomery Street Antique Mall, I always come across something magnificent in detail and design. I love living so close to one of the largest collections of antiques in the states. The chest now sits perfectly under a set of drawings, and I paired it with a modern vase, which holds dried pink blossoms. I love combining old traditional pieces with an accent of modern pieces, and of course good art!



No comments:

Post a Comment