12.05.2011

if texas had fall it would look a little like this

Texas is known for its unpredictable weather, and audacious ways of skipping right through fall! Growing up in Southern California, I was spoiled by not only experiencing all 4 seasons, but also living within less than an hours drive to most of the southern beaches, minutes from the snow at Big Bear and minutes from the dry desert atmosphere at Palm Springs, and Apply Valley. Today in Fort Worth it felt and looked like Fall! Peaking close to 35 degrees, with 10-15 mph winds, this produced a beautiful day outdoors, with colored leaves concealing the pavements, light flurrie like rain, people in layered clothing and of course a busy day at the coffee shops and cafes. I was actually fasting today for the Day of Ashura, which is the 10th Day of Muharram in the Islamic Calender, it marks the climax of the remembrance of Muharram. Muslims fast on this day, to express gratitude to God for liberating the Israelites from Egypt, just as Moses did. Mohammad PBUH also fasted on this day and asked others to fast as well. So during lunch time instead of eating I spent my afternoon walking around Swiss Avenue, which is an elegant residential street and historic district in East Dallas, Texas, just minutes from Downtown Dallas. The beautiful neighborhood is lined with plenty of trees, and approximately 200 preserved and restored historic homes, representing several architectural styles (Mediterranean, Spanish Georgian, Prairie, Craftsman, Neoclassical, Italian Renaissance, and Colonial Revival). The district is a must see, if you get a chance to visit Swiss Ave, make sure to take a stroll at the Central Square Park. I snapped a few shots at Square Park this afternoon, I just couldn't resist capturing how beautiful it looked today and always. Later I came home and brewed myself a cup of spiced chai tea, my perfect fall day would not have been complete without my chai, enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment