12.04.2011

winter sparkles

Gold/silver embellishments, and laser cut objects are two things I adore. Winter is a perfect time to sport gold tones and anything sparkly, but of course with an appropriate balance. You don't want to overdo it, and look like a disco ball- but rather add a few touches of gold/silver which can definitely be flattering. Laser cutting is a technique that uses a laser to cut through materials. Laser cutting works by directing the output of a high-power laser, by computer, at the material to be cut. I was fortunate to to have access to a laser cutting machine all throughout college, and used it extensively on architecture projects, but more specifically while working on my integration thesis on the parallels of apparel analysis/fashion and architecture. Working with various materials, such as jute, industrial felt, all type of meshes, composite materials (fiberglass), industrial textiles, double sided fabrics, etc.. has allowed me to appreciate the value of design not only through making, but by experiencing,feeling and exploring. I continue my journey of making and adding pieces to my various collections of interest, and as you may have noticed will periodically post some of my work. I will leave you with a few recent purchases, which happen to predominately have a gold-ish/sparkly flare to them, and of course a picture of dinner which consisted of my very favorite comfort food, spaghetti.

















Gold and silver toned ring: Fort Worth Stockyards

Laser-cut clutch: Forever 21
Gold and silver sequenced shirt Kate Spade Remy Wellesley Wallet in Tangerine: gift from my lovely husband
Vintage clutch- Montgomery Street Antique Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment