3.28.2011

Orange Zest Biscotti


As a child I remember dipping my cake rusk (Indo/Pak version of a biscotti) into my parents chai. The softness of the rusk after being dipped into the warm chai just melted in my mouth, and though it tasted wonders to me, I always felt bad about leaving little crumbles of cake rusk in my parents daily chai. While drinking my own tea this morning, I thought about how my siblings and I would dip our cake rusk in my parents chai on a regular basis, and I had an intense craving for biscotti, which needed to be satisfied. I found a wonderful recipe online, and decided to add a twist by dipping my biscotti in a chocolate peppermint sauce. I decided to use this easy recipe, and just added orange rest to the dough. Once it was cool, I dipped them into this amazing chocolate peppermint sauce you can get here. The orange zest flavor paired with the peppermint chocolate was just delish. I also made a refreshing strawberry lemonade to quench my thirst. Hope you all enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment