3.09.2011

stippling is for first years

I was at a local vintage shop last week, and I scored a great set of frames. I've been trying to decide where I want to place them in my apartment, and what to display in them. My husband thought it would be a great idea if I displayed some of my own drawings, luckily at his request I remembered a project I did in my first year of architecture school. The drawing had to be of one complicated tool, or object, and had to be drawn with precise measurements, and to scale. I, not in my right state of mind chose a sprinkler head, and when I showed my professor, all he could say was good luck. Needless to say I nailed the drawings, and had to repeat it 4 times (line drawing, pencil drawing, stippling, and shade drawing)



It was meant to be, the cutout was a perfect fit-no alterations :) I spent the rest of my day preparing and shopping for an upcoming event and I've also been trying to figure out what I would swap at blu dot swap meet. I'm sure my husband and I will come up with something creative, check out the other entries here ----> http://swapmeet.bludot.com/#newest-bids

Oh and for dinner I made daal and karahi gosht (curried goat meat) cooked in lemon juice, and tomatoes, & garnished with parsley. The husband took thirds, so either he was really hungry or he really enjoyed, I'll stick to the second half of the story :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is a comment for your last post, I was searching for spring vases and ended up here (and am glad)! Those vases in yellow hues, and of course the daisies, are absolutely beautiful! But most of all I just had to say the layout is perfect, really sets the right ambience! I must be late but happy belated birthday! And I agree about the diamonds and pearls combo being the best :) Did you get a necklace, bracelet, or earrings? (I have an unhealthy obsession with diamond/pearl drop earrings, lol ;) Take care and looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

    All the best,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete