3.29.2011

pizza and fireplaces


Today I was thinking about ways to make my fireplace a little more appealing. My apartment comes with a cookie cutter fireplace, and though it's functional, now let me be frank it's really not that aesthetically pleasing. Frank Lloyd Wright always put a great deal of emphasis on designing around the hearth of the home, a place and symbol for family togetherness. Here are some pictures of fireplaces I would love to cozy up next to, with a great book, and a cup of tea.







“The hearth is the psychological center of the home.” Frank Lloyd Wright







With all this talk of brick and stone and fire, I decided to make pizza for dinner. I used this recipe for the dough, and it turned out delicious. My husband helped with the toppings, and also made spicy buffalo chicken which went perfectly with the pineapple and jalapenos. My all time favorite topping is mushrooms, and his is jalapenos and chicken, so it was a perfect pizza for the two of us! I have dough left over for one more pizza, so I will try this amazing recipe tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment